2018 SFF Volunteering Information: this page will be updated in the spring 2018.
Please refer to the information from 2017 as a guide for 2018 Festival volunteering. Details and expectations subject to change for 2018.
The heart and soul of the Sisters Folk Festival organization is the dedicated army of volunteers who make everything we do possible. Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
Steps to becoming a Festival Volunteer: We’ve had some cancellations for 2017, so create an account to see vacant shifts.
- Create an account through Volunteer Impact, if you don’t have one (this account is permanent for current and future volunteer opportunities)
– Did you volunteer in 2016? If so, then you already have an account, username and password.
-If you’re a couple, each person needs his/her own account, so please create a separate account with a unique email for each of you.
- Complete an online Liability & Image Release for 2017.
- Review job descriptions, expectations and important dates.
- In June, sign up for your shifts!
(Don’t worry- we notify you by email that jobs are ready and provide instructions!)
-When signing up for shifts, keep in mind that volunteers who give at least 10 hours get an All-Event Pass to the Festival for use when not volunteering.
-Shift lengths vary (4-7 hours long). Some people may work up to a total of 13 hours, depending on shifts selected. Breaks are provided.
-Not all jobs will be available for self-scheduling.
–Shifts are first-come, first-scheduled.
-Our volunteer list exceeds the number of shifts available, so please schedule early and check back for vacancies, if you can’t find an ideal shift.
-We can’t guarantee that all registered volunteers will be able to secure shifts by August 1st.
- Note that August 7th is the last day to cancel or change your shifts (REVISED DATE).
With the exception of new volunteers, schedule changes after this date are not permitted.
This helps ensure we have a concrete volunteer schedule and roster.
- We recommend you book lodging early and offer a list of resources here.
- SFF is unable to provide volunteer accommodations.
- Prospective volunteers who are minors are subject to additional screening and conversations with parents/guardians prior to Festival.
- Generally, all volunteers are at least 14 years-old at time of volunteering.
- Minor volunteers may need to work a shift with their parent/guardian.
If you have questions or wish to be involved in other opportunities, please contact Kerani Mitchell, the Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-549-4979 ext. 4.
To learn more about SFF’s programs and how your volunteer effort impacts the community visit sistersfolk.org.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Sisters Folk Festival, Inc.!